Unfortunately there are people who take advantage of sex workers, for instance because:
- you are unfamiliar with the law or with rules
- you have not got the courage to talk about it with welfare workers or other organizations.
Signals are given to P&G292 that:
- So-called bookkeepers make sex workers believe that (only) they can help them. Then they send bills that are way too high.
- Somebody helps finding a house for you and asks a much too big sum of money in return.
- Sex workers are forced to pay or they are blackmailed.
These things are highly illegal.
If you find yourself in one of the situations described here, (anonymously) contact P&G292. You are not to blame; you can get help and counseling to improve things for you.
For more information: ‘Not of my own free will’