Information about Tozo 2 and social benefits
Are you losing your income because of the Corona crisis?
See below which situation applies to you. It is not possible to claim both schemes.
You are registered in Amsterdam and have a Chamber of Commerce:
Sign up for the extended Tozo 2 scheme (temporary bridging scheme for independent entrepreneurs).
You can apply for Tozo 2 from 1 June at the municipality of Amsterdam. Keep an eye on the website of the municipality of Amsterdam for this. If you received social assistance benefits in the period from 01-03-2020 to 31-05-2020, the above also applies to you.
You can do this via this link:
I already have a tozo 1 scheme from 1-03:
With the extension, entrepreneurs who now receive a living allowance and meet the conditions of Tozo 2 can receive a Tozo benefit until September.
The conditions of Tozo 1 and 2 are largely the same. The changed conditions are:
- The partner income test is performed when you apply for the supplementary maintenance allowance. The partner income test means that the partner’s income counts towards determining the amount of the benefit. If the household income exceeds the social minimum, you cannot claim Tozo 2 benefit.
- For the application for a working capital loan, you must declare that no suspension of payments or bankruptcy has been applied for or obtained for yourself, your company or one of the partners you work with. If this is the case, you are not eligible for Tozo working capital loan.
For more information about Tozo 1 and Tozo 2 visit the websites below:
You are registered in Amsterdam and work via opting-in:
Sign up for social assistance benefits. P & G292 can help with this.You must be registered for at least 3 months in the municipality of Amsterdam and live at the address where you are registered.
You are registered in Amsterdam (you have a Chamber of Commerce or work via opting in) and you are thinking about whether you are already sure that you want to quit sex work completely:
Sign up for social assistance benefits. P & G292 can help you with this. You must be registered for at least 3 months in the municipality of Amsterdam and live at the address where you are registered.
You are registered in a municipality other than Amsterdam and you have a Chamber of Commerce:
Check the website of your municipality and register online for the Tozo 2 scheme. For more information see this website:
You are registered in a municipality other than Amsterdam and you work via Opting-in:
Check the website of your municipality on how to apply for social assistance benefits.
You must be present in the Netherlands to be able to claim the Tozo 2 or social assistance benefit.If you want to go abroad, you must request permission by means of the form ‘report stay abroad’. You can request this from your customer manager. You also have to take into account a maximum of 28 days. This applies to both schemes.
If you opt for social assistance benefits, you must send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Signed application form Assistance benefit P & G292.
– Copy ID / Passport (front and back)
– Copy of bank card
– Bank statements from the past three months with your current balance in PDF file. Print screens are not allowed.
– Bank statement of your savings account (s) in PDF file.
– A clear argumentation why you are now requesting assistance and you did not immediately do this as of 01-03-2020
-Copy Rental contract
If you have applied for social assistance benefit and you have not provided complete information about your living situation, your family composition or your possessions, you may have to repay the social assistance benefit. Ultimately, the municipality of Amsterdam will verify your data with that of the tax authorities. If you register for social assistance benefits, the IND will be informed of your application and this may have consequences for your right of residence. This means that the IND can decide that in the future you will no longer be entitled to social benefits such as health care allowance, social assistance benefit, etc.